Monday, May 11, 2009

Blue Monday

Today I woke up to a very chill morning.

I felt like my lips were cold... blue even.
So today is the day that I put on my favorite blue sweater and my blue jeans.
It make me think of my Mom.... she was a flannel shirt and jeans lady ... weather she had blue flannel or not ... she always had blue jeans on... Men's Jeans because women's didn't have her size  ( she was 6ft 1inch)... she would live and breath in her jeans.. clean house, go to friends, play hop scotch... so many flash memories of her in blue jeans and trying to do so many creative things with so little money and three very eager little girls ( my sisters and me ).

Now I don't have a picture of her in her jeans and I wish I did.. I will ask my sister and maybe i will post one if  I can... welcome to my Blue Monday thought

Take a look at Smiling Sallys Blue Monday link.. It's fun!!

10 comments:

Judi said...

Happy Blue Monday
but it won't be too happy for you unless you warm up...I hope you have warmed up. I love wearing flannel and snuggly things when its cooool. Thank you for sharing about your mom also.
have a lovely day
Judi

Maureen said...

Your mom used to call me "beautiful" every time she saw me. And it was easy to believe her. I have fond memories of her--she did my hair for my Junior Prom...and she made the nursery into a magical place for the little ones, and a discreet place for the nursing moms...and her smile is unforgettable. An amazing woman, your mom~ love you-

SmilingSally said...

LOL You worked on this one! Happy Blue Monday.

BTW: I looked at your profile and want to tell you that one of my granddaughters is a lovely 6 ft. tall lady. She's gorgeous, too.

Joyce said...

Nice tribute to your Mom on Blue Monday.
Joyce

Marie Reed said...

I wish that I had more pictures of my Mom too. My kids don't even understand why we don't now that we live in this digital age!

Jenn said...

Aww... thank you.. My mom has been gone for 12 yrs now... and the blue monday sparked a memory.... she was one great mom and grandma... i love a good pair of jeans myself...lol

Jenn said...

Marie.... I know what you mean... I have very few... nut i will have it forever printed in my mind

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Blue Monday! Wonderful tribute to your mom. I live in my blue jeans too!

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

I am blue jeans and flannel shirts all the time, too. Your mom was quite a fashionista.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Happy Blue Monday! What precious memories you have of your sweet mother. Hope you find a picture of her to share with us soon!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Blog Widget by LinkWithin